You’ve heard about avoiding certain foods for the healthiest teeth possible, but did you know that certain foods are actually good for them? We’ve compiled a list of some of the best and worst foods for your pearly whites.
- Sesame seeds – they help clean your teeth.
- Broccoli, spinach and strawberries – the Vitamin C is great for your gums.
- Dairy products – the calcium strengthens your teeth and neutralizes the acids that can hurt your enamel.
- Sweet potatoes – with their high amounts of Vitamin A, helps promote enamel formation
- Celery – kind of like nature’s floss – it can help clean between your teeth!
- Oranges and other citruses – these acidic fruits can wear down the enamel on your teeth.
- Coffee, tea and red wine – want a whiter smile? Try to limit these drinks.
- Candy – try to avoid candy, especially the sticky kind. The sugar cane adhere to your teeth and stay around for a long time.
- Soda pop – the ingredients can wear down your enamel
- Peanut brittle – can cause teeth to crack